Friday, March 4, 2016

I'll consider it a movement

More than 260 PV students wrote letters for me to bring to Morocco. Interesting how many of the letters were the same; how many mentioned  In and Out Burger, and how many love tacos. Many students described their daily lives as going to school, hanging out, listening to music, playing video games, and going to the movies.
I am excited to bring letters home to them.
I wonder if the Moroccan students' letters will be so similar to each other's too.


3 comments:

  1. That is so nice of the students who wrote letters. I wish I wrote one to communicate with people from a different country. Next time I have that incredible opportunity, I will definitely do one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is a great idea to build friendships with students in other countries whenever you have the opportunity to do so. When I was a sophomore in high school, an exchange student from Holland lived with my family and we are still friends today. There is so much to learn from others around the world.

      Delete
  2. This is a great opportunity for students to learn about the pen pal and the other countries culture without actually going there. I did something similar to this in 2nd grade called Flat Stanley. We send our Flat Stanley paper character to a family member from another state or country. The family member would then send a picture of Flat Stanley doing something in his daily life of travel.
    In my Spanish class, we are able to learn about daily routines and if the country that I was writing to spoke Spanish, it would for sure come at use.

    ReplyDelete